Why WordPress is the most popular open source Content Management System (CMS) used in 73 million websites? It is free to install, deploy, and upgrade. Thousands of plugins and templates power a flexible and simple interface, which reduces cost and deployment time.
There are many reasons WordPress is a popular choice for building websites. Here are the 10 main ones:
- It’s free to build and modify open source code.
- Powerful and flexible
- SEO ready and Google preferred
- Safe and secure
- Customizable and easy to use
- Supports multimedia
- Many themes to choose from
- Responsive design with just a click
- Easy integration with over 41000 different plugins
- Large community to help you troubleshoot
Despite the fact that I have been struggling building a site with WordPress, obviously, it is the most popular choice for both personal and business web site building.
- There are 76.5 million WordPress users.
- 27% of all web sites are powered by WordPress.
- There are about 50 000 new web sites added daily made with WordPress.
I could not find exact number of business web sites using WordPress, but here are some of the major companies having web sites made with WordPress
Here is an interesting live look activity page showing WordPress usage
Here is my choice of four themes:
- Endanger https://wordpress.org/themes/endanger/
- Plum https://wordpress.org/themes/plum/
- Lakshmi Lite https://wordpress.org/themes/lakshmi-lite/
- Initio https://wordpress.org/themes/initio/